Be completely inspired this summer!
Now Next Dance offers intensive dance training along with the opportunity to grow as a teacher and develop your understandings of a career in and through dance. We offer an intense technique and repertory experience with the opportunity to teach and mentor local youth. You'll develop as a dance artist, educator, and leader and you'll come out of the program with a clearer understanding of your career trajectory.
Join us August 6-11, 2017 at Dance Loft on 14th in Washington, DC.
- Morning Meeting: We'll orient to the theme of the day and prepare for our co-teaching experience.
- New Works The bulk of your morning will be in an intensive company style class with one of our featured artists. This class combines technique and repertory and culminates in a performance at the end of the week. Our artists are all working on large scale creative projects, so you get to be involved in the research process for their newest works.
Mid-day mentoring sessions include round-tables with our artist faculty covering subjects like: how to launch your dance career; how to choose a city; how to network; how to pay your bills; and how to craft a sustainable, fulfilling life.
- Now Next Dance With your peer Dance Mentors, you'll team teach a class in the NND style for the Young Dancers.
- Moving Mentoring You'll partner with a Young Dancer for an afternoon of movement and visual art based leadership projects, including a creation of a new dance work.
Each project ends with a performance for friends and family.
- Early Bird Tuition, if paid by April 15: $350
- Regular Bird Tuition, if paid by June 1: $375